I’m an Assistant Professor at IST Austria.
Before IST, I was a visitor at ETH Zurich, and a Researcher at Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK. Prior to that, I was a Postdoctoral Associate at MIT CSAIL, working with Prof. Nir Shavit. I received my PhD from the EPFL, under the guidance of Prof. Rachid Guerraoui.
My research focuses on concurrent data structures and distributed algorithms, and spans from algorithms and lower bounds, to practical implementations.
You can find a list of my recent projects and publications here.
For a complete publication list, click here.
For student projects, click here.
- QSGD was accepted as a Spotlight paper in NIPS 2017
- Our work on robust molecular algorithms is accepted to the DNA Computing and Molecular Programming (DNA23) Conference, and invited to the Special Issue of the Journal of Natural Computing.
- Our work on relaxed priority data structures with provable guarantees was presented in PODC 2017
- ZipML has been accepted to ICML 2017, and was invited to the NVIDIA GPU Technology Conference . Its FPGA implementation was presented in FCCM 2017.
- New paper on ForkScan concurrent memory reclamation accepted to EuroSys 2017
- Lease/Release was invited to the Special Issue of Transactions on Parallel Computing dedicated to PPoPP 2016
- I was the PC co-chair of ALGOCLOUD 2017
- New paper on efficient molecular computation in SODA 2017
I am extremely lucky to be able to work with the following students:
- Giorgi Nadiradze (PhD)
- Demjan Grubić (MSc, with Ce Zhang)
- Antonio Polino (MSc)
- Cédric Renggli (BSc/MSc, with Torsten Hoefler)
- Aline Abler (BSc, with Torsten Hoefler)
- Raphael Kuebler (BSc, with Peter Widmayer)