[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PowerMacMindy & Toolbox wrappers

Hi,

I'm trying to get some of the basic Apple sample programs like Sillyballs to
work under PowerMacMindy.

I've actually got Sillyballs running but I have to comment out the test for
the version of Quickdraw (YES I know that PowerMacMindy only works on
machines that would pass the test but its a good 'exercise for the
reader'!). I'm being a good boy and replacing the call to SysEnvirons by a
call to Gestalt but the call is failing.

The definition of Gestalt in the Universal Headers is:

extern pascal OSErr Gesalt ( OSType selector, long * response);

and my mindy wrapper code is:

define constant $longPtr = NewPtr(4);
define constant *InterfaceLib* = load-object-file(#("InterfaceLib"));
define constant Gestalt =
begin
    let func = get-c-function("Gestalt", args: list(<OSType>, <Ptr>),
result: <OSErr>, file: *InterfaceLib*);
    method (selector :: <OSType>) => (ret :: <OSErr>, response: <integer>);
        let result :: <OSErr> = func(selector, $longPtr);
        values (result, signed-long-at($longPtr));
    end method
end;

If anyone can shed light on why its failing I would be very grateful ( its
giving an OSErr of -5551 and a response of 0).

Thanks
Gareth Baker
G.J.Baker@dl.ac.uk