[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: . what dylan

Al Aab wrote:

> heard vague great things thereof

That's good. Where from?

> what is dylan ?

Dylan is a general purpose, high-level progarmming language, designed to allow
the flexibility of dynamic object-oriented languages with the speed and
compilation of static languages like C++.
I (personally) find it less restrictive and more expressive than Java, more
readable than C++, an with a nicer object model & set of built-in stuff than
either.

> how does it differ from lisp or qbasic ?

>From Lisp: it has a more "mainstream" syntax and an inherent object-orientation.

>From QBasic: I don't know.

> is dylan available for dos ?

Well, Harlequin Dylan runs on PC under Windows. Don't know about DOS: Gwydion
runs from a command line, so if that's fixed fro PC, it might be persuaded.

- Rob.

Follow-Ups: References: