[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan, MOP, object/relational mapping...

Neel Krishnaswami wrote:

> This will work okay no matter what sort of record o is. Or am I
> misunderstanding something about how the EOGenericRecord class
> works? (Does it automagically generate "getFoo" and "setFoo"
> methods depending on the dictionary it contains?)

Yes you're misunderstanding EOGenericRecord. It does automagically
provide the getFoo and setFoo methods based on the data dictionary. The
point is that you do NOT have to write the accessor methods unless you
want them to do something special besides the normal fetching and
assignment. So you add an attribute to the data dictionary and *poof* it
has accessor methods (provided that you specify it's visible and
modifiable). No manual update of the class definition; no code
regeneration; no synchronization effort at all in the front end; it just
adapts to the new data dictionary contents.

Now, watch while the damn software out there posts this response
repeatedly just like it did my original message and your response to it.
I just hope the replication is linear and not exponential ;-)

Follow-Ups: References: