[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: swig'ing a C-FFI in Dylan

johncwhi@my-deja.com writes:

> So I wondered if, given someone sufficiently expert in SWIG, if you
> could create a customized SWIG which parses through the MAPI headers and
> a MAPI SWIG interface file and outputs the Dylan foreign function
> interfaces.  I think it would be a big job to get a sufficiently

Part of Gwydion Dylan is a C header parser named pidgin. It was
deigned to eventually emit C-FFI macros, but no one is currently
working on the project.

The header parser part is more or less finished, but the code
generator (which shouldn't be too hard) is still missing. The code is
able to emit C declarations, this is a basis for modifications.

So if you are willing to invest some work, we can offer a C parser
written in Dylan.

Andreas

--
"We should be willing to look at the source code we produce not as the
end product of a more interesting process, but as an artifact in its