[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <text-field>, size, GDI context...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGUHH!

OK, I figured out what I was doing wrong ;-) Very simple syntax error.
Binding the return to a never used variable rather than returning it.

I like Dylan in theory, but sometimes it is difficult to make the
transition from C++ "strict" and mostly static typing to Dylan's dynamic
model. Particularly when debugging. It's really hard to get used to some
things, for instance: declared vs used vs actually returned return
values from a method not matching. I never even think of this, because
of so many years of using compilers that won't accept such code.

Well, back to work...