[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: d2c on Macintosh (help!)

Increasing the memory doesn't seem to help (although different allocations
may give different times to crash. I'm looking into this).

Compiling hello-world leaves the header uncorrupted, compiling the first few
files of runtime/dylan leads to the heap zone header corruption that casues
the crash many files later. I think it might even be bootstrap (the first
file), I'll check further.

I think the problem could be related to the size or complexity of the file,
which would relate to memory allocation (although the 100-Meg partition
crashed quicker than the 80....) or the trivial alterations I made in 3
places (one cast-to-self, two 0-length struct initializers altered) to get
runtime/dylan to compile.

- Rob.

> From: brucehoult@pobox.com (Bruce Hoult)
> Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:30:06 -0500 (EST)
> To: info-dylan@ai.mit.edu
> Subject: Re: d2c on Macintosh (help!)
>
> In article <B4865D9C.3F6%robm@lostwax.com>, Rob Myers <robm@lostwax.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Bruce -
>>
>> I'm allocating 64Meg of 73 free Megs on a 96Meg system. I'll pop up "about
>> this Mac" before running it next, but without any calls to WaitNextEvent(),
>> I don't know how accurate it will be. It's a good start, though. Thanks.
>
> I'm afraid it takes a bit more RAM than that, on Linux at least.  Not
> *much* more, but I think you'll want to give it 80 MB or so to be really
> safe.  Time to turn on VM...
>
> -- Bruce

Follow-Ups: References: