[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ANN: "Interacting with CORBA" article

In article <HgZiOOyXU4eBhH=I41R+c9sFrKnW@4ax.com>, Jason Trenouth <jason@harlequin.com> writes:

> I think you are missing my point. Why was there a special scripting RFP in the
> first place?

This RFP started in 1997, at the same time as the CORBA Components RFP.
The goal of the scripting RFP was to have a solution to script CORBA Components ;
to act as a glue between components.

> > I think that we have the same goal (scripting CORBA objects in an interactive
> > manner) but with different approaches; that's all!
>
> Not really. I'm suggesting that you don't need specialized little scripting
> languages to interact with CORBA since you can do it with full-fledged languages
> that you can also use to build your whole system.

The OMG is an open place, you can write a proposal to use Dylan with CORBA.

Regards.

Christophe

Follow-Ups: References: