[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ANN: "Interacting with CORBA" article

Frank Pilhofer wrote:

>  Now if you could be persuaded to accept scripting languages, in the above
> definition, to be of the same completeness as Dylan, we can stop kicking
> around and continue in our quest to use CORBA everywhere, using the de-
> veloper's language of choice.

Except that they are NOT as complete, well-structured, or
general-purpose as Dylan. And that statement is a LONG way from
dismissing them as "little useless toys", which is not Jason's phrase
but your blatant twisting of his position. They certainly have many good
uses, but to develop a "full-scale project" in, for a particularly bad
example, Perl, is just plain stupid.