[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Future of Dylan?

Hi. I was just wondering what programmers (Dylan or not)
think the future of Dylan would be like. I haven't been
following Dylan at all from its beginning, so I seem to
lack the historical perspective necessary to judge its
viability. For example, was there much interest/hype in
Dylan when it was first announced/released or was the
current level of interest achived more gradually? What
has been Apply's stance towards their language? Are they
willing to submit it to the standards body now that they
don't seem to have vested interest in the language any
more? Will that happen would there be significant push
from the developer community? Are there any companies
other than Functional Objects that are working on a
quality compiler? TIA and any other relevant comments
would be appreciated.

Dan.