[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MI: why?

mayka@lucent.com (Lawrence G. Mayka) wrote:
> <Sigh>.  Perhaps languages don't "need" more than 1 and 0, but MI is
> *extremely* useful in dynamically typed languages, *if designed
> properly.*

I should have phrased it as "Dynamically type-checked languages can get by
without MI better than statically type-checked ones". I was interested in
the effect of a static type system on the language.

Dylan has static checking available. I imagine it would be impractical to
design useful, statically checkable Dylan programs without MI of type.
Whether MI is useful even in the absence of static checking is another
matter; I broadly agree with you that it is.

  Dave Harris, Nottingham, UK | "Weave a circle round him thrice,
      brangdon@cix.co.uk      |   And close your eyes with holy dread,
 http://www.bhresearch.co.uk/ |   And drunk the milk of Paradise."