[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HARLEQUIN DYLAN and C FFI

"Shawn" <shawn@anarchy-arts.com> writes:

> Thanks Chris, is this the same with COM if I would like to use DX7 ?

Using the various COM stuff included with HD you can create the
DirectX 7 objects, call methods, etc. I don't think you'll need to
link to any libraries to use DX7. You will need to create wrappers
using the ffi and COM libraries for all the DX 7 objects and methods
you want to call. That would be a large job.

I tried using the wizard to import the DX7 visual basic type library
but it failed with an error (unknown variant type 28). I've reported
it to functional objects so hopefully FD 2.0 will be able to
work. That would save a lot of work.

I have used the library linking with HD with dx-creator, a game
library for windows (http://www.dx-creator.com). This worked fine.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan