[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: mac-d2c

d2c handles C imports differently to Mindy. Mindy is a bytecode interpreter
whose Code Fragment imports are already decided by the compiler. To load a
shared lib into mindy, you need to do so programatically.

In d2c, the Dylan code is converted to C sources then compiled, so any required
non-dylan C, static libraries or shared libraries can be compiled in at compile
time.

Since the functions you're looking for are in interfacelib, you should
be able
to just prototype them, include interfacelib in the CodeWarrior project (it's
in d2c-runtime.lib anyway), and use them.

Have a look at the d2c Dylan sources for the file streams and other
platfrom-specific libraries to see how this works.

I don't know about  <c-function>, though. This may well not be needed either.
Anybody?

Let me know when you get toolbox-lib going and I'll add it to the release
(Gabor this is probably of interest to you...).

- Rob.