[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: mac-d2c release 2 now available

dauclair@hotmail.com wrote:

> I'm running a G4 system (OS-9), and the mindy seems as fast as an
> executable (not, mind you,
> that I've been creating time-critical, demanding apps).

That's good. I've never actually benchmarked Mindy, but the C-code d2c
that it bootstraps runs many, many times faster.

> So, does this mean you won't port to MPW?

I have received several requests to port to MPW, and I did finally
figure out how to get d2c to run as an MPW tool. However: the
incompatible generated C  and the lack of an easy way to use the
generated makefiles led to me deciding, just recently, to drop this.
The first Mac command-line release will now be for OS-X. If anyone knows
of a version of autoconf that knows what OS-X is, please contact me. :-)

- Rob.