[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [FD] [BUG] nested for functions weird?

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 11:45:02 -0500 (EST), dauclair@hotmail.com wrote:

> Okay, so I've got this code snippet:
>
> for(y from 1 to 9) // 10s digits
>   format-out("\n");
>   for(x from 0 to 9) // units
>     format-out(" %=%=",y,x);
>   end for;
> end for;
>
> then I get this output:
>
>  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
>  20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
>  30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
>  40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
>  50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
>  60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
>  70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
>  80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
>
> So, how come x goes from 0 to 9, but y only goes from 1 to 8 (and not
> 9)?

Probably because the final line of output is not flushed.

Try emitting another newline or explicitly flush()ing the stream.

> Sincerely,
> Douglas M. Auclair
>

> p.s. I'm working on FD2.0 beta 3.  Some other annoyances:  when I
> double-click on a .hdp icon, FD says "Cannot find the file 'E:
> \dylan\functional\projects\game\game.hdp' (or one of its components).
> Make sure the path and the file name are correct and that all required
> libraries are available."  but then loads the project fine.

That's a DDE delay problem. Windows times-out waiting for FD to start and open
the project. I think it will be fixed in 2.0 final.

> The
> Editing window sometimes hides large blocks of text, and to fix it I
> need to highlight the area to make the text visible.

Yes, there are a few editor glitches. Reproducible cases will help us fix them.

Cheers.

__Jason