[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More COM questions

Hey Dylan COM experts, try this one.  I have successfully created an Outlook
interface and started getting information from Outlook.  When I get to the
point of actually grabbing mail (they are MailItem objects),  the return
type from the Items/Item function is <LPDISPATCH> not <MailItem>.   Actually
what it returns is a <c-interface> object.   How do I convert that
<c-interface> object into a <MailItem> object.   I should mention that
<MailItem> is one of the classes created by Functional Dylan through the COM
wizard when I gave it the Outlook object library.   Here's an example that I
started to cobble together:

// Assumes OLE-initialize has been called.
define method Get-Inbox( ) => ( result :: <sequence> )
   let inbox-items = make( <sequence> );

   let Outlook-interface =
reate-dispatch( "{0006F033-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}",
                                          context: $CLSCTX-SERVER );
   assert ( Outlook-interface ~= #f );
   let application = make( <_DApplication>, disp-interface:
Outlook-interface );
   let namespace = _DApplication/GetNamespace( application, "MAPI" );
   let defaultFolder = NameSpace/GetDefaultFolder( namespace,
$olFolderInbox );
   let items = defaultFolder/Items;

   for ( i from 1 below Items/Count( items ) )

        // returns a <c-interface> object.  How do you convert that into
        // a MailItem object?
       inbox-items[ i ] := Items/Item( i );
   end for;

Thanks in advance for any help.