[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A basic question: defining modules and libraries

Eric Gouriou <egouriou@cup.hp.com> writes:

> I will never replace/upgrade those libraries individually, so having
> them as DLL is useless to me (and I indeed would appreciate having
> an option to compile those multiple projects into just one
> executable, taking advantage of the added optimization
> capabilities).

If you're not going to use the reuse the libraries or replace/upgrade
them individually, why make them libraries? Why not just make them
modules within a library? This would also take advantage of the added
optimization capabilities.

> Example: I have a library of miscellaneous language extensions I often use.
> How do I name it, so that I can share it with the community without
> risks ?

Can you export the modules without the ego- prefix and let the user of
the library prefix them when using them if there is a clash? Something
like:

define library my-library
  [...]
  export extensions, collections;