[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Doin' Dylan-time at work.

It's 4 a.m. (dead-line today imposed yesterday...), but I'm happy.
I've completed a report for the boss where I got the results from a
Dylan program I wrote.

We had two very large flat text files.  One parent referred to several
children.  Each child referred to several grand-children on another
file.  Among other things, I needed to have a tally of the number of
grand-children per parent.  Think relational text files.

Not too tough, but I got to apply file-I/O, string tokenization and
conversion (to integers), and rudimentary currying for this assigment.

I used Harlequin Dylan 1.2.

Blissfully sharing Dylan-work-experience, and now I will blissfully
head off to b-e-d!

G'night all,
Doug Auclair

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/