[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Q] Semantics of exception clause in block

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 07:15:02   Gabor Greif wrote:
>I have trouble with some block() statements.
>
>It looks like all conditons are handled by block.
>
>Expanded:
>
>define class <file-not-found-error>(<error>)
>end;
>
>define function foo()
>	"ooops".error
>end;
>
>block()
>	foo();
>exception(<file-not-found-error>)
>	#f
>end block
>

>Will the <simple-error> permeate the block?
>Or is there an implicit <error> handler in block?
>
>I do not have a DRM handy so I am just looking for a quick hint.
>
>Thanks,
>
>	Gabor

I don't have a DRM to hand to check this, but maybe you need to do:

  exception (error :: <file-not-found-error>)

It could be that it is interpreting <file-not-found-error> as a variable name, and defaulting the class to <error>.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. :-)

Andy

---
Andy Armstrong
andrewa@functionalobjects.com

Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct