[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: On introspection of the dynamic environment

Rob Myers <robm@tdv.com> writes:

> I'd actually quite like to be able to get classes and methods by name for
> serialization and library support: I've found this useful in Java,
> although the linking model is different. Possibly I should just use
> format-to-string("%=") on the <type> of an object, or write better
> interfaces. :-)

Functional Developer has a library that provides at least some of this
functionality. The DOOD (Dylan Object Oriented Database) uses it for
the persistance, etc. I think it is called 'walker' or something like
that. I think GD also has a library that provides similar
functionality.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan