[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Crash course on macros?

On Sat, 6 May 2000, Rob Myers wrote:
> > From: Hugh Greene <q@tardis.ed.ac.uk>
> > Subject: Re: Crash course on macros?
> >
> > ?? NAME   On LHS, after #key only, binds ...
>
> Imagine you're explaining this to someone who's rather confused by it...

Yeah, I know; I was trying to give an extreme summary of the relevant bits
of DRM, to save Nolan buying one, but maybe that wasn't such a good plan
;-)

> As suggested on gd-hackers, if \= and = don't work (they do sometimes...)
> ?equals:token can be a useful fall-back. Raw = obviously works in define
> macros: define constant klin = 2; , and maybe should work in fragments. I've
> tried using = in auxilliary rules under d2c, but they don't seem to match.

Wading through the grammar, I think that your "define" example works
because the "klin = 2" parses as a /binding-pattern/, in which '=' is
expected/allowed to appear without a preceding '\'.

This would all be much easier with a copy of the DRM to virtually point at
;-)  Hmm, I wonder how hard it would be to find a copy of the DRM (or DIRM
-- "Interim DRM") on the web, starting from, oh, say,

  http://www.google.com/search?q=DIRM+Dylan&num=10&meta=hl%3Den%26lr%3D

... ?  :-)  Just until FunO make the final version available on the web,
you understand ...

Hugh

Follow-Ups: References: