[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [FD] creating classes at runtime

You're on the right track.  There are at least two problems here, though:
 (1) By default, classes are sealed.  That is, <animal> is sealed, so you
     can't create any subclasses.  Define <animal> with 'define open class'.
 (2) I bet 'superclasses:' needs a sequence, not a single class.

I didn't try it, but those two changes will get you farther.

dauclair@hotmail.com wrote in message <8fakp2$pqg$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>The DRM is a little vague on how to do this, but I'm looking to do
>something like this:
>

>// ---- code ----
>define class <animal> (<object>) end; // predefined
>
>// sometime later, the user wants to add a class
>// (by, e.g., supplying characteristics thru DUIM)
>// ---- end-code ----
>
>The last line returns an error ... what'll get the expected results?
>
>Sincerely,
>Doug Auclair
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.