[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

FFI questions

I've made quite a bit of progress on Pidgin in the past day, and
*might* be approaching something workable. I just have a few questions
about FFI.

First, how are arrays represented? How would I do:

char foo[10];

Are they just pointers, or is there more to them than that?

Second, how are enums and bitfields handled?

And, when subtyping, how do I create pointer designator classes? If I
do:

define C-subtype <nothing> (<C-void>) end;

is it then just a matter of doing:

define C-subtype <nothing*> (<C-void*>) end;

or is there more?

And, assuming I can tackle these issues, are there any Fun-O users who
would be interested in helping me tackle the portability issues, as
well as actually testing the produced FFI, since all I can do locally
is eyeball it for obvious mistakes? Portability should be rather
clean; my only concern is locating standard include files under
windows compilers..

Thanks.