[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gwydion and HD

Functional Developer is a native compiler, d2c (Gwydion Dylan) uses C as an
intermediate representation. They therefore assemble their code and data very
differently , and binary compatibility is likely to be impossible because of this.
Name-mangling is an issue as well.
There would be nothing to stop components written in COM or CORBA in either system
working together. If d2c supported COM or CORBA, that is. :-)

Source compatibility is very good and getting better. It's certainly no worse (IMHO)
than converting C between VC++ and GNU or CodeWarrior compilers.

- Rob.

--
Rob Myers  -  robm@tdv.com         The Digital Village  -  www.tdv.com
MacOS wonderfulness for The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy Game.