[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: promoting dylan

"Schlichte, Marc, MTC-DTM, MSCHL" wrote:

> - MacOSX: If availabe on Intel hardware, this might become (over 5 yeras or
> so a big competitor to Windows. So, maybe, try to establish Dylan
> as the premier programming language for MacOSX.

The Gwydion Dylan Maintainers are working on getting our d2c Dylan compiler
running on MacOS X and Darwin (the open-source core OS used under MacOS X). We
already have our Mindy bytecode compiler running on both platforms, and the
latest release of Gwydion Dylan should run Mindy on MacOS X out of the box.
On MacOS 9, we have the only currently available Dylan IDE other than
Functional Developer in the form of Gabor Greif's CodeWarrior d2c plugin. I'm
using this to port DUIM to d2c, and I know other people are using it on
non-trivial projects. We also have Dylan libraries that add Mac Toolbox
support, sample code for applications under Classic and Carbon, a tiny
application framework, and plans to port the Dylan User Interface Manager to
Carbon.
So we're working on it. :-)

> - Domain Specific Languages

Do you have any references or examples for this? It sounds interesting.

> - Aspect oriented Programming:

Again, do you have references / examples for this?

> (BTW, whats the best way to code before and after methods in Dylan?).

Like before and after methods in Lisp? I don't fully remember the symantics.
But I'm sure someone else will, especially if you post an example. :-)

- Rob.

--
Rob Myers  -  robm@tdv.com         The Digital Village  -  www.tdv.com
MacOS wonderfulness for The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy Game.