[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need Help with OLE

"Ron Franke-polz" <ron.franke-polz@iac.honeywell.com> writes:

> Can I use either of these two files to create a client-side
> application (hopefully automatically)?

You can use the 'Interface to COM Type Library' wizard when creating a
new project. This will let you select the type library from a list or
browse. You'll probably want to browse and select the .tlb file.

One the 'generate stubs' page you'll probably want 'Dispatch Client
Interfaces' selected. Then go through the remaining wizard pages and
generate the DLL. When you compile it FD will automatically generate
the dylan code to access the COM objects in the type library.

As an example, I go through how to do this with the Microsoft MSXML
parser at:

http://www.double.co.nz/dylan/tips/usingmsxml.htm

Hope that helps,
Chris.