[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need help with Class-Allocated Slots

"Ron Franke-polz" <ron.franke-polz@iac.honeywell.com> writes:

> I've been playing around with slot allocation and am wondering if there is a
> way to access "class allocated" slots without having an instance of that
> class?

There was a discussion on this last year I think when the singleton
design pattern was discussed. It turns out there is no way of
accessing the class or each-subclass slots without an instance of the
class.

One possible work around is not to use the class allocated slot but to
use a normal function accessing a global variable or some similar
scheme.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan