[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DUIM question

What would be the simplest way to make a dialog with a series of text fields
in a column, each with a text label to its left.  I would like all of the
text fields to align with each other.  I've experimented with many of the
keyword options to <row-layout>, but they don't seem to help (e.g.,
equalize-widths: , x-ratios:, ratios:).   The only thing I can come up with
so far is to experiment with x-spacing: until the columns line up correctly
as in the code below:

define frame <thread-frame> (<dialog-frame>)
   pane latitude-pane  (frame)
    make(<text-field>, label: "Latitude:",
                              width: 30, fixed-width?: #t,
                             activate-callback: not-yet-implemented);

  pane longitude-pane  (frame)
    make(<text-field>, label: "Longitude:",
                              width: 30, fixed-width?: #t,
                             activate-callback: not-yet-implemented);

  pane data-layout (frame)
        vertically(  )
          horizontally(  )
             make( <label>, label: "Longitude");