[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: C# is not Dylan (was: Re: C# : The new language from M$)

> From: Brian Rogoff <bpr@shell5.ba.best.com>
> Subject: Re: C# is not Dylan (was: Re: C# : The new language from M$)
>
> My biggest gripe right now is the lack of implementations. ... the free one is
a bit too heavyweight.

If you have a Mac, there's a CodeWarrior plugin that makes life with d2c a
lot easier, and even on UNIX the biggest step to using d2c is installation.
If you use make-dylan-app and work with the generated code, you just need to
call make to compile.
Please don't be put off by how industrial-strength d2c has been designed to
be, it's really very easy to get started with. The Gwydion Maintainers are
very happy to answer queries and provide help, and always listen to
constructive suggestions (and offers of assistance :-).

- Rob

Follow-Ups: References: