[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why I don't use Dylan

Maury Markowitz wrote:

> "Rob Myers" <robmyers@cwcom.net> wrote in message
> B58F68FF.4091%robmyers@cwcom.net">news:B58F68FF.4091%robmyers@cwcom.net...
>
> > SourceForge has an air of "amateur project" about it that I'm not sure
> > would help.
>
>   Methinks you doth protest too much.  Let me assure you that escrow on
> SourceForce would help credibility far more than it would hurt! This is an
> excellent suggestion, you shouldn't write it off so easily.

OK, I'll take a look at SourceForge again. I'm possibly stuck in the
early web-era snobbery of everything having to have its own domain name.
What happens if SourceForge's business model is broken and they go down? :-)

> > This is company confidential stuff for a start-up, so I can't imagine them
> > letting us know.
>
>   Sounds to me like you're all too willing to be their appologist.

Eep! I wouldn't want to be an apologist for anything! The background to
my comments here is that I've been involved in a couple of startups now
and you tend to keep your cards prety close to your chest unless there's
a very good reason not to. Responding to concerns about credibility can
harm credibility.:-)

- Rob.

--
Rob Myers - http://www.robmyers.org/   H2G2 - http://www.h2g2.com/
MacOS wonderfulness for The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy Game.