[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mac Dylan from gwydiondylan.org

Dear Miguel, hi back!

>   Well, I saw the article mentioned on my last post was from 1995! I
> looked on the Apple's website, including the ADC membership, but I
found
> nothing about Apple Dylan.

>Is Apple Dylan dead?

No and yes:  Apple discontinued working on Dylan, unfortunately.
However, the GwydionDylan maintainers (a group originally focussed on
Dylan for GNU) have ported Dylan back to the Mac (PowerPC and Mac OS-X),
including even a Metrowerks CodeWarrior plug-in.  There's some GUI
support as well.  Check out www.gwydiondylan.org for more info.

>Is it worth to spend some time learning dylan?

Yes, definitely.  I've had such good experiences with the language that
I prefer it to the other mainstream ones available.

Sincerely,
Douglas M. Auclair

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.