[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan Features

While talking about CPS, Bruce Hoult <bruce@hoult.org> writes:
> To really understand this stuff I suggest that you find the 1977 paper
> by Steele et al "Lambda: The Ultimate Declarative".  It's extremely
> interesting and well-written and is relevant to Dylan in that it
> describes a lot of the thinking that lead to Scheme, and on which Dylan
> in based.

This is available for download at

    http://www.ai.mit.edu/publications/pubsDB/pubsDB/onlinehtml

Just search for "Lambda: The Ultimate".

Be warned: it's a large postscript file created by scanning a paper
copy of the original document.  It's worth the effort to read it,
though.

The other "Lambda: the Foo" papers might be of some (perhaps lesser)
interest, along with "The Art of the Interpreter".
--
T. Kurt Bond, tkb@tkb.mpl.com