[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan (DYnamic LANguage) -- what's the deal?

In article <8mhbt1$has$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>,
Jonathan Coupe <jonathan@meanwhile.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> The capability you refer to is entirely standard for the Lisp family of
> languges, of which Dylan is a member. Far from being exotic, it's a
> capability that's decades old and is shared by several other languages.

Including Forth and its descendent Postscript.

> What puzzles me is that you've posted constantly (often on inappropriate
> groups) concerning AI for years, and yet you don't know such a basic fact
> about the most common of all AI languages, Lisp.

Why is that puzzling? I'm not that well versed in AI, but everything I've
seen him write on any subject I *do* know about has displayed similar levels
of understanding.

--
 `-_-'   In hoc signo hack, Peter da Silva.
  'U`    "Ar rug tú barróg ar do mhactíre inniu?"

         Disclaimer: Matthew 10:16.