[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan (DYnamic LANguage) -- what's the deal?

On Sat, 05 Aug 2000 08:36:10 GMT, Mentifex <mentifex@my-deja.com>
wrote:

>Suppose further that you wanted your AI program to run
>indefinitely for years and years, growing but not halting.

Well, first of all, you'd need some way for your AI to purchase and
install more memory and drive space...

That being done, all you have to do next is call free() slightly less
often than malloc(). You may want to examine the Solaris system
libraries for a particularly ambitious implementation of this
technique.

--Eric

| "I have come a very long way from myself only to realize that     |
| identity is a skill and self-betrayal is a habit. Once lost, the  |
| former is very hard to regain; once gained, the latter is very    |
| hard to lose."  ---I. Corvus, _The Europe of Our Dreams_          |
       Visit sunny Barycenter at: http://barycenter.dyndns.org