[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: UI stuff

Chris Double wrote in message ...
>"tim" <tjv1@cs.waikato.ac.nz> writes:
>
>> 1.  How do I have a mouse over event
>
>You're looking for the <pointer-enter-event> I think. Something like:
>
>define method handle-event
>    (gadget :: <my-pane>, event :: <pointer-enter-event>) => ()
>  // do something
>end method handle-event;
>
>See sources/duim/gadgets/active-labels.dylan for an example usage.

Correct, assuming you're trying to implement your own gadgets.

Windows eats most of the events itself, so you can write such
handlers on Windoze gadgets.  I have a plan for opening up
these natvie Windoze gadgets such that some events will be
noticeable, but I haven't gotten around to doing it.  Note that
it won't be portable!

>> 2.  How do I get an icons transparent color to show the background
>> color of the frame
>
>This one I don't know, sorry.

I think that when you design the Windows bitmap, there is a
"transparent" color you can use to do it.  That's what the
Functional Developer icons in the environment use.