[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pen settings in FO Dylan

I could use some help understanding the options for setting a <pen>
object in FO 2.0.

Here's some sample code:

      with-drawing-options( medium, brush: dark-gray, pen: my-pen )
         draw-line( medium, start-x, 150, start-x + 100, 150  );
      end;

      let his-pen = make( <pen>, width: 6, units: #"normal" ,
                         joint-shape: #"miter", cap-shape: #"butt" );
      with-drawing-options( medium, brush: dark-gray, pen: his-pen )
         draw-line( medium, start-x, 160, start-x + 100, 160  );
      end;

      let your-pen = make( <pen>, width: 6, units: #"point" ,
                         joint-shape: #"bevel", cap-shape: #"square" );
      with-drawing-options( medium, brush: dark-gray, pen: your-pen )
         draw-line( medium, start-x, 170, start-x + 100, 170  );
      end;

These are all nested inside a "with-sheet-medium..." macro.  Now all of
the lines look the same.  In other words, none of the pen options like
cap-shape or joint-shape seem to make any difference.

I'm not sure exactly how to describe this, but what I'm trying to
achieve is a line with a tapered end point.  I want to use these lines
to construct my own pseudo-3d, beveled menu box.   So the tapered ends
would form a nice joint when two different lines meet, as would happen
when the lighted line meets the shadowed line at a corner of the menu
box.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/