[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Continuations?

In article
<asynthREMOVE-BAEA18.10515609112000@news-server.austin.rr.com>, James
McCartney  <asynthREMOVE@THISio.com> wrote:

> It is too bad that you can't do coroutines at least.
> coroutines should be very easy to support since it only requires
> switching stacks. You could even add coroutines to C.

And the same technique used with C -- indeed the same *library* --
should work ust fine with Dylan.  Well, with Gwydion Dylan, at least --
I think Functional Developer comes with a threads library.

> Coroutines are immensely useful since they allow multiple algorithms
> to be easily intertwined in complex ways with simple code. They allow
> easy creation of lazy/incremental algorithms.

I agree.

> Most thread libraries are not very efficient for synchronous algorithms
> like coroutines.

On the Mac, for example, threads libraries generally *are* coroutines.

-- Bruce

Follow-Ups: References: