[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Coding in Dylan is Fun!

So, I'm on a contract grinding out code in C++.

There's a problem with their flat-file database, and they cannot use
their application to view it.  They need to see the data in one of the
tables.  Today.

Dylan to the rescue!  I coded up a table viewer for that one table ...
that went fine.  But then they needed to see another table, so I
generalized my code (print-header now prints any header, not just the
original table's) and added one more method to my do-read/print generic
function.

Presto, instant any-data-table reader.

Total of 134 lines of code (I cannot imagine C++'s code count).

Coding in Dylan is Fun!

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/