[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Any applications coded in Dylan?

Is there a reason why gwydion and FO can not merge the products to create a
better one or combine in the trenches to mature it ? I did get a response
back from FO, very fast and they are working on bug fixes. What makes this
language stand out from others, and how can that be exploited to further its
cause. Eiffel appears to be gaining momentum,  something with .net not sure
of specifics. Is Eiffel a better alternative to C++ than Dylan (it has a
wrapper for C++). I am getting a little confused especially with this
elasticC thrown in now. I wanted to keep away frm C++/C, and to have a
language I could use to code commercial  internet games that would wrap
existing C++/C API's so that C/C++  was forgotten.

Shawn

"Andreas Bogk" <andreas@andreas.org> wrote in message
874rzomum6.fsf@teonanacatl.andreas.org">news:874rzomum6.fsf@teonanacatl.andreas.org...
> Zeno <zenem@nospam.earthlink.net> writes:
>
> > This is not a troll.  Dylan looks very interesting and useful, and I
> > wonder if I should look into it as a system in which I can code
> > commercial applications.  Can anyone confirm or allay my fears?
>
> Have you taken a look at Gwydion Dylan? It's available for all
> platforms, and even though it's not done yet in the sense that it
> still hasn't all the features we dream of, I'd consider it mature
> enough for most applications.
>
> More information can be found at http://www.gwydiondylan.org.
>
> Andreas

Follow-Ups: References: