[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan performance

Jason Trenouth wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:15:02 -0500 (EST), oodl@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > By the way, when t1 and t2 are defined at the top level like this:
> >
> > define constant t1 = make(<float-array>, dimensions: list(300, 300),
> > fill: 0.0);
> > define constant t2 = make(<float-array>, dimensions: list(300, 300),
> > fill: 0.0);
> >
> > it is evident from the dispatch coloring, that Function Developer is not
> > optimizing the array accesses.
>
> Try adding " :: <float-array>" to the declarations in the above case. It
> turns all grey then.
>
> __Jason

The original code posted runs in about 51 seconds on my machine (K6-III
450Mz).

Using Jason's suggestion and hacking the exe to give it buckets of
stack, it runs to completion in about 3.7 seconds. When fdev get it
working without my hackery I'd hope it to be faster still, as it should
make better use of the cache.

>From interest, does anyone know how to specify the stack size from
within FDev? Poking through the PE format stuff was ...interesting...
but it can't be the right way. I couldn't find anything in the help.

cheers

jan

Follow-Ups: References: