[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Any applications coded in Dylan?

The issue of example applications is not hypothetical. My company,
startup.com, is investigating launching a new company based on Dylan. But
the concern of long-term viability and "best fit" is real. While we believe
in Dylan, real-world examples help convince any number of interested
parties (e.g. investors and programmers).

Examples such as Les' do help. But it would help even more to hear of
someone in an F1000 company who has a significant problem in an emerging
enterprise application  (i.e., it would be worthwhile for the company if
solved) that is difficult to solve with current technology. We would hope
that someone familiar with Dylan thinks it can be better solved with Dylan.

If we can find problems of interest, we would be willing to help develop a
solution by dedicating programmers and other resources to work on them. Our
goal would be a clear statement of usefulness from a recognizable
enterprise ("we couldn'a done it without Dylan").

I am asking this newsgroup for help in identifying such enterprise
people-with-problem-applications, either in your own company or for someone
you know. The primary reason for you to help is that an energetic company
in the Dylan space would increase the viability of all our work.

Thanks.
Norton Greenfeld