[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mindy future

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 06:30:01PM -0500, Jolon Faichney wrote:
> On the Gwydion Dylan web page it mentions that not much work will be done on
> Mindy in the future. I was just wondering why that was?

Mainly because Mindy was a means-to-an-end: it implements a subset of
Dylan that is useful for development, but not fast enough to get real
work done, and is, at this point, mainly used to bootstrap d2c.

> Also is there any reference for the bytecodes that Mindy uses? Is the
> bytecode format any good? Is it fairly high-level or low-level?

They are very high-level, I believe: basically just the parse-tree
dropped into the file.

> Would a dynamic compiler solve any of Mindy's short comings? (I know nothing
> about dynamic compilation)

Dunno.

-jeff