[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Objective C bridge (Long)

On 04/17/37, Dustin Voss wrote:

>> Here's some code to dynamically register classes and methods with the
>> Apple Objctive-C runtime. Initialize Objective-C before calling test(),
>> or call test() from a method in an AppKit application. Make sure the
>> project can see System.framework.
>
>This is extremely useful. I've asked the Objective C newsgroup for
>information on the runtime API, but they never responded. They're in the
>midst of some standards war over there.

In the Foundation release notes (can't remember what version, but it's recent)
Apple warns people not to rely on the runtime API, or if that's not possible to
minimize the dependencies, because the whole runtime might be rewritten.  (I
wonder what they have in mind?)  They make a couple of specific suggestions of
things to avoid, but I can't remember them.  All the release notes are on line
at Apple if you want to dig.  You might also want to look for announcements at
or around WWDC in May.

Don't give up on comp.lang.objective-c.

--
invert:  asu.edu  jdevlin