[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Good book on Dylan?

Hi,
I'm an advanced C++ programmer looking at getting into
Dylan. This language looks fantastic, it has pretty much
everything on my "gotta have" checklist!

I've been beating my head against a brick wall trying to get
proper separation between interface and implementation
with C++, but it's just not possible in an efficient manner.
(I've got layers of virtual function fowarding due to heavy use
of object composition  - it can't be optimised away. Templates
can be, but you have to expose the implementation as a parameter
which blows the whole idea of abstract interfaces out of the water)

Anyway, enough ranting, I'm hoping Dylan can help me out.
Can anyone recommend a good Dylan book to read over the
holidays? Hopefully it would have some introductory material
as well as some more advanced chapters.

Also if you could tell me how Dylan might cope with my
interface/implementation problem I'd be most grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Mark Jordan.