[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A Dylan FAQ (was Re: Good book on Dylan)

On Friday, April 6, 2001, at 11:00  am, Chris Double wrote:

> neelk@alum.mit.edu (Neelakantan Krishnaswami) writes:
>
>> As a rule of thumb, you probably want to use \== unless you
>> deliberately want to test for object identity.
>
> Shouldn't that be \== not \= ?

\== - Test for identity.
\= - Test for equality. Or assign to a binding.
:= - Reassign to a binding. Very unpopular with the C++/Java crew.
=> - The result of something.

More FAQs:

Why should I put \ in front of macro and operator exports?
Why should I put \ in front of operators when I pass them to a function?
When should I put # in front of something?
Why is this broken: #( fun1(), fun2(), fun3()?
What's the difference between "Hello" and #"Hello" ?
What's the difference between #"Hello" and Hello: ?
So why should I use the former for symbols and the latter for keywords?
How do I exit a (deep) loop like in C++ or Java?

- Rob.