[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A Dylan FAQ

None of those papers are accessible to the general public (ie me).

Rob Myers wrote:
> http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/projects/cecil/www/Papers/papers.html
>
> Of particular note for multimethods is
>
>   "Efficient Multiple and Predicate Dispatching"
>
>   http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/projects/cecil/www/
>   Papers/dispatching.html
>
> Johnathan Bachrach implemented the algorithms described in this paper,
> and reports a good performance enhancement in the Fun-O compiler.
>
> Dujardin and Amiel's paper "Fast algorithms for compressed multi-dispatch
> tables generation" describes another appraoch. To my knowledge this has
> not yet been implemented in a Dylan compiler, but Eric Kidd is currently
> investigating it for his thesis.
>
> Also of interest is "Optimization of Object-Oriented Programs Using
> Static Class Hierarchy Analysis" (This shows how compilers can use
> Dylan's sealing directives.)
>
> http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/projects/cecil/www/Papers/hierarchy.
> html

---  Antony Blakey     mailto:antony@n-space.com.au  ---
---  N-Space Pty Ltd   http://www.n-space.com.au     ---
---  Sydney: 02 9212 6445  Adelaide: 08 8359 2470    ---

There are two ways of constructing a software design: One
way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no
deficiencies, and the  other way is to make it so
complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The
first method is far more difficult.
   - C.A.R. Hoare