[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gwydion Dylan Threads

Andreas has tried to run multiple threads once, but it
crashed after seconds. As I understand, the general
representation of dylan objects in Gwydion conflicts
with multithreading. It is composed of two words and
setting such a descriptor is non-atomic. This usually
leads to ugly race conditions when calling slot
setters and modifying globals.

Also I doubt that the dylan library is thread safe.

The solution would be to switch to a pointer-based
general representation (possibly using NULL as a #f).
Until then you could try writing purely functional
code in Dylan :-)

Sorry for not being able to report better news.

	Gabor