20010516170111.85224.qmail@web13903.mail.yahoo.com">news:20010516170111.85224.qmail@web13903.mail.yahoo.com...
> From an implementor's viewpoint
> you have no way to find where the key/value pairs end
> and the "rest" arguments begin (without loss of
> generality). You are in an either/or situation.

Forgive my ignorance, but can't you detect the difference between key/value
pairs and other arguments, simply because a key/value is a pair of arguments
between ','s and the other arguments are a single syntactic element between
','s. Can you illustrate an ambiguous case for me with an example?

Would it be possible to introduce an explicit syntactic element to partition
the arguments into mandatory+rest and key arguments (where necessary)? It
just seems to me that functions using #rest would benefit from #key facility
just as much as functions without #rest.

Regards
Roland

Follow-Ups: References: