[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dylanlibs V1.2 released

I've released an new version of my Dylanlibs package, an eclectic
collection of Dylan libraries and examples.

>From the release notes:

-----------8<--------------------
Adds additional examples:

  base64-example
  send-keys-play
  xml-rpc-example
  xml-rpc-interop-example

New DUIM libraries:

  atl-activex-gadget
  msie-gadget

New network libraries:

  proxy-sockets
  ssl-sockets
  xml-rpc

New Win32 library:

  send-keys

A lot of testing has gone into the XML-RPC interoperating with other
XML-RPC implementations. You should find you can talk to almost any
XML-RPC server using Dylan.

This release provides the ability to host some ActiveX controls in
DUIM frames.

It also provides a 'Send Keys' functionality allowing sending
keystrokes to console windows and screen-scraping the console windows
to get information back. I've used this to control DOS programs from
my Dylan applications.
It also includes an example of using RG Software's Neural Network
library available for download at http://www.rgsoftware.com. This
example will also be available from RG Software's site soon. The
example demonstrates using various features of C-FFI to call out to a
DLL.

Hope it proves useful.

Chris.
--