[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Are there any .NET possibilities/implications for Dylan/Functional Developer?

Hi Levi,

I'm in much the same boat as you.  Somebody mentioned something here about
.NET recently and I posted saying that if FO were to announce a .NET
strategy I would fork out and buy it immediately.

Nobody replied :-(  - whatever that might mean.

cheers,

gary

"Levi Conley" <shepherdofchaos@cs.com> wrote in message
ff18f689.0106181622.1dbdc6f1@posting.google.com">news:ff18f689.0106181622.1dbdc6f1@posting.google.com...
> Dylan newbie here.  I've looked at a lot of languages lately, and it
> looks to me like Dylan has pegged just about everything perfectly.
> Even with my small amount of experience to date, it is very easy to
> see that Dylan is far more powerful than Java/C++/Python/Perl etc.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone would like to share there opinions
> about how well Dylan/Functional Developer will scale/adjust if
> Microsoft succeeds in foisting there .net web applications viewpoint
> down every one's throat.  Does it seem feasible that Functional
> Objects would produce an IL compiler for the Dylan environment?

Follow-Ups: References: